Social Media Account Director
Life at Two Palms
Two Palms Media is the agency we wanted to work for but couldn’t find. We’re a creative and content agency that puts our team first, gives everyone a voice and prioritises a balanced lifestyle.
We’re committed to fostering a great culture as that typically brings out the best in everyone. We celebrate the personalities that make up our family of creative people that work at Two Palms.
There are no passengers on this bus, our team works hard because they love what they do, and they strive to deliver exceptional work for our clients and each other. GoPro, Amazon Prime Video, Danone and Amazon Alexa are just a few of the wonderful brands we get to call our clients.
Our Expectations of the Social Media Account Director
We are seeking a strong, digitally driven, social-first thinker and leader to help build and grow Two Palms social media client base. The ideal candidate would have proven leadership skills and be able to demonstrate strong and practical knowledge of social strategy, content strategy and comms strategy. We’re seeking a modern thinker who’s able to work on/lead projects independently, and who’s willing and able to mentor and grow a department of social-first thinkers and creators. Must be comfortable with presentation skills – written as well as verbal, and persuasive and knowledgeable in the ever-changing landscape of social media. Ability to work in a fluid manner with strategists, creatives, and creators.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- YCreate, build, and grow strong social units that help elevate and modernise creative thinking
- Develop comms plans/frameworks to help guide creative development
- Educate and train less knowledgeable peers, juniors and/or client partners
- Demonstrate a passion for the ever-evolving landscape of social media and be able to sell its potential to brands
- Set the standard for social strategy in the community by becoming a trusted and proactive resource for all things social at Two Palms
- Work closely with broader planning, account, and creative teams to strengthen strategic and creative territories
- Make recommendations on existing clients and new business based on analysing trends, audits, and overall goals/objectives
- Proactively identify digital marketing industry trends and potential issues and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Briefs the social team to implement the paid, earned, shared, and owned campaign strategy
- Ability to provide digital and social media analysis based on measurement and tracking reports and overall campaign reporting.
- Mentor, educate and inspire junior members of the team
- Partner with peers to ensure that social/digital strategies are core to the overall strategy and not just an afterthought
- Write clear, persuasive narratives to best represent their strategic POV
- An understanding of production across all digital mediums is desired.
- Be an advocate for social-first way of thinking
- Add constant and consistent value
- Show presence and participation in a proactive manner both in internal meetings and in client meetings
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and do the work
Your Bread And Butter
- Social Media Account Director with ideally 6-8 + years’ experience focused on the Australian market, global experience a plus.
- Proven ability to create, build and grow strong social units that help elevate and modernise creative thinking.
- Experience with developing comms plans/frameworks to help guide creative development.
- Strong knowledge of social platforms and POV on how brands prosper (or fail) on them.
- Experience in a creative agency setting preferred but open to other backgrounds with experience working in a creative environment.
- Strong strategic direction understanding how it applies to the creative work.
- Demonstrated ability to create, write and present client presentations independently.
- Confidence in taking data into digestible presentations for clients and internal teams.
- Expert level knowledge of social media tools and trends.
- Ability to influence and advise the wider team with regards to channel and content requirements.
- Familiarity with social media data + social media research platforms.
- Experience working with a range of target audiences and varied industries.
- Skills in mentoring junior talent.
- Comfortable working on new business.
- Native level written and oral communication skill in English.
- Other language skills welcome but not required.
This permanent position is perfect for someone who is looking to develop and challenge themselves. The role will allow you to:
- Work on enviable accounts, with the support of senior team members
- Work within an exciting up-and-coming agency
- Play an active role in new business opportunities
- Mentor and shape an extremely versatile team
- Enjoy cultural activities like afternoon paddle boarding, snow trips, volunteer days and much more
Application: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email Ed on email@example.com with the following:
- A copy of your current CV
- A cover letter. In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at Two Palms. We want to see your personal style – what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us. (Please note, applications not submitted with a cover letter will not be considered)
Salary: Dependent on Skills and Experience
We require someone to start on the 26th July 2021.