PR Account Executive
Life at Two Palms
Two Palms Media is the agency we wanted to work for but couldn’t find. We’re an agency that puts our team first, gives everyone a voice and prioritises a balanced lifestyle.
We’re committed to fostering a great culture that aims to brings out the best in everyone. We are a diverse bunch and we celebrate the personalities that make up our family of creative people.
There are no passengers on this bus, our team work hard because they love what they do, and they strive to deliver exceptional work for our clients and each other.
Our Expectations of our PR Account Executive
We are seeking an eager and ambitious PR Account Executive to join our expanding consumer marketing team. We’re open to someone with industry experience or someone who is looking to get a start in the industry and aligns to our values.
If you’re the ideal candidate, you are a go-getter who’s curious and informed about what’s happening in the channels that matter most to your clients (whether that’s media, social, or owned channels). You will have a passion for storytelling, finding an angle and earning coverage. When it comes to your clients, nothing passes you by unnoticed, with a strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn the ins and outs of your clients, their industries and what is making news.
You’re solution orientated and a team player who is motivated to support and learn from your team members. You’ll keep your teams updated on how campaigns are performing and be ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
You will be a team player and support the agency with general administration tasks, office management and practical and day-today tasks.
This is a chance to be part of a forward-thinking and exciting agency that values people with ample opportunity to grow. If you think you’re the bright, confident candidate ready to make your start in the industry, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will have:
● Tertiary qualifications / industry experience
● Strong administration skills
● Experience / interest in one or more of the following: consumer lifestyle, health, wellbeing, beauty, tech travel, FMCG. Transferable skills from related industries will be considered
● Excellent writing/content development across diverse audiences and mediums
● Understanding of Australia’s media landscape including mainstream, social and owned media channels
● Social media interest / experience and prowess
For this role, personal attributes are just as important as industry experience and we’re looking for someone who is:
● Accountable: You’re a team player who owns their role among the PR team and wider Two Palms agency.
● Articulate: You communicate and present your work in a clear and compelling manner, in both written and verbal form
● Collaborative and connected: You demonstrate a clear understanding of your clients’ businesses and seek out opportunities to build relationships with your clients, relevant journalists / influencers / other contacts relevant to your role.
● Creative: You love to think and seek out fresh ideas and inspiration at every turn, experimenting with and applying different approaches to improve the way we work as well as elevate the work we create for our clients.
● Finger on the pulse: You devour the news daily and are up to date with the latest pop-culture trends.
● Have a high attention to detail: You have an eagle eye for detail and can find and fix typos or spot errors wherever they occur. You are also aware of what success looks like and can evaluate our work against a client brief to ensure we’re on track to make our targets.
● Professional: You’re punctual, efficient and demonstrate professionalism when working with anyone from clients to colleagues, whether in the office or off-site. You show self-awareness, consideration and respect for others.
● Social Butterfly: You are active on multiple social media platforms and have a thorough understanding of the top social media influencers locally and globally.
This full-time and permanent position is perfect for someone who is looking to develop and challenge themselves. The role will allow you to:
● Work on enviable accounts, with the support of senior team members
● Work within an exciting up-and-coming agency
● Participate in agency and industry training initiatives
● Play an active role in new business opportunities
● Be mentored by senior PR team members, as well as those from other disciplines if of interest (social, partnerships, activations)
● Enjoy cultural activities like afternoon paddle boarding, snow trips, volunteer days and much more
● Work from home one day per week
We require someone to start immediately.
You approach challenges with an open mind, curiosity and a desire to help. An ability to see the possibilities first, nurture and adapt new ideas no matter the source, is part of your make up. You understand there is no such thing as mission impossible.
You understand the thinking behind taking calculated risks and that this is how you break new ground, drive initiative and push commercial acumen.
You understand that 11th hour curveballs are part and parcel of dealing with clients in our industry. You know how to remain calm and keep a level ahead to find a solution even when the going gets tough.
It is an ache inside you to deliver more than what the client wants – to deliver something they have never even dreamt of all within the framework of timelines, budgets and demonstrable ROI. You will support and inspire others to deliver this passion by encouraging and guiding.
Everything you do is done with integrity, from building client relationships to working with your agency teams. You live with a high level of respect for others and expect the same of those around you.
You strive to do the ‘right thing not the easy thing’. You are honest, objective and don’t buy into politics. You deliver on personal and team commitments and manage expectations when circumstances change.
Collaboration is key, at Two Palms we believe the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We chip in, share the work and responsibility to succeed together.
You believe in the team – although you recognise individual success you do so within the team environment, acknowledging all that were involved. You work to positively impact those around you and cultivate relationships at every touchpoint across the business.
You are interested and interesting. You’re curious and confident to share your ideas. You actively encourage the ideal that ideas can come from anywhere and encourage those around you to input into the process and communicate their points of view. You guide their thinking to ensure they are adding value and continue to build their points of reference to allow them to add greater value.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Drop us an email and share your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org