Life at Two Palms Media
Two Palms Media is the agency we wanted to work for but couldn’t find. We’re an agency that puts our team first, gives everyone a voice and prioritises a balanced lifestyle.
We’re committed to fostering a great culture as that typically aims to bring out the best in everyone. We are a diverse bunch and we celebrate the personalities that make up our family of creative people that work at Two Palms.
There are no passengers on this bus, our team works hard because they love what they do, and they strive to deliver exceptional work for our clients and each other.
Our Expectations of our Content Editor
You are self-motivated and able to work efficiently and effectively as part of a multi-skilled team, while also being able to self-manage to ensure you achieve your daily and weekly tasks.
You are highly organised, resourceful and possess a strong desire to work alongside your colleagues. You know what’s required to keep your projects on track.
You have a positive attitude and are results driven, solutions-focused and will be instrumental to the team to deliver campaigns that exceed expectations.
The Bread & Butter of being our Content Editor
- Experience in long form and short form including editing content for a range of performance marketing channels [Social Media, YouTube and Connected TV]
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and current trends
- Possess excellent storytelling capabilities to bring ideas to life
- A boss at creating short snackable creative content leveraging the latest social media insight and adapting all kinds of video content to social media campaigns
- Masterful working with Adobe software packages; Premiere Pro and After Effects. InDesign and Photoshop knowledge preferred but not not required
- You know a little about colour grading and sound design to enhance edits for client reviews
- Be organised, able to multitask, prioritise and manage multiple projects with high attention to detail
- Work to the current content department standards for production, productivity, quality, and client service.
- Deliver high quality content with experience in a high-turnaround deadline based environment
- Develop creative concepts at various stages of production and ideas around social media formats and executions
- Test new content formats and develop creative ideas that keeps Two Palms ahead of the curve
- Developing a full knowledge of our offering, vision and values; as well as a solid understanding of clients’ business and industry
- You can advise the production team on how to shoot videos to facilitate efficient adaptation
- Proven experience as a video editor for 4+ years
Why Join Two Palms?
This full-time position is perfect for someone who is looking to take the lead and be bold about their ideas and ambitions.
- Work on enviable accounts, with an incredible team and network of creatives
- Work within an exciting up-and-coming agency
- Play an active role in new business opportunities
- Work within an extremely versatile team
- Enjoy cultural activities like afternoon paddle boarding, trips to the snow, volunteer days and much more
You approach challenges with an open mind, curiosity and a desire to help. An ability to see the possibilities first, nurture and adapt new ideas no matter the source, is part of your make up. You understand there is no such thing as mission impossible.
You understand the thinking behind taking calculated risks and that this is how you break new ground, drive initiative and push commercial acumen.
You understand that 11th hour curveballs are part and parcel of dealing with clients in our industry. You know how to remain calm and keep a level ahead to find a solution even when the going gets tough.
It is an ache inside you to deliver more than what the client wants – to deliver something they have never even dreamt of all within the framework of timelines, budgets and demonstrable ROI. You will support and inspire others to deliver this passion by encouraging and guiding.
Everything you do is done with integrity, from building client relationships to working with your agency teams. You live with a high level of respect for others and expect the same of those around you.
You strive to do the ‘right thing not the easy thing’. You are honest, objective and don’t buy into politics. You deliver on personal and team commitments and manage expectations when circumstances change.
Collaboration is key, at Two Palms we believe the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We chip in, share the work and responsibility to succeed together.
You believe in the team – although you recognise individual success you do so within the team environment, acknowledging all that were involved. You work to positively impact those around you and cultivate relationships at every touchpoint across the business.
You are interested and interesting. You’re curious and confident to share your ideas. You actively encourage the ideal that ideas can come from anywhere and encourage those around you to input into the process and communicate their points of view. You guide their thinking to ensure they are adding value and continue to build their points of reference to allow them to add greater value.
Application: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email Vics on firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A copy of your current CV
- A cover letter. In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at Two Palms. We want to see your personal style – what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us. (Please note, applications not submitted with a cover letter will not be considered)
Salary: Dependent on Skills and Experience